Friday, February 11, 2005

Two by two, the pineapples entered the ark

Oh I have seen spring! Concrete pineapples are the new harbringer.

I saw two baby concrete pineapples on my neighbor's mini yard. As you may know, my neighbors are quite fond of decorating their brick homes with stark grey 1-2ft concrete pineapples. Today I saw two little ones proudly hanging out. Doing the pineapple thing. So this is the second set I have seen.

They seem to be breeding. If this continues I may need to cull the herd.

Anyway, my neigbor stole another recycling bin. I don't understand how. The numbers were clearly labled using six inch bright and reflective letters from Home Depot. It is not a total loss. They left their old one on my driveway. Guess what. It's mine now. I just spraypainted it. I feel like a Viking. I saw it and claimed it. The end.

I didn't take it. It just seems like they swapped theirs out. I wish this recycle bin insanity would stop. I am going to have to go back to Home Depot to get more numbers and letters. Watch out if you ever visit my house. I am so paranoid about things getting stolen I might put 3 inch reflective sticker numbers on you.

No comments: