Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The aggravated economist

Things slow down in the government Thankgiving week. We yawn, we read the NYTIMES online, and we play chess. I was viciously taking away from a chess game due to a data call. My ex-officmate is currently answering most of the data calls that come into the office. She forwarded a tough case to me. I had to clean up the mess.

First she had confused them about what data were available, where they could find it, and how to download. It was so FUBU.

The data caller herself was a bit daft. First she spoke really really fast. Second she had a New Yawk accent. As a southerner I don't understand New York-ease.

I tried to help her I really did. I finally gave up explaining and told her I'd send her the stuff she needed via e-mail.

No comments: