Friday, March 14, 2008

Pre-Ides of March celebration

I think we should celebrate the Ides of March. We should all dress up in togas and drink lots of wine. We should designate someone as Caeser and chase them around trying to mock-stab them. Sounds like a good party to me. However if you believe the news reports most Americans don't know what March 15th is and secondly they may not be able to figure out the time of the party because all Americans are bad at math.

I am American and fairly good at math but not good enough to get accepted to that PhD program. I am still annoyed by my rejection from the PhD program. I am dreading sending notice to the people who wrote my letters of recommendation. I feel like I wasted their time. Blah.

I feel like this really kills my academic dreams. I guess I need to work on a backup plan.

No comments: