Sunday, August 15, 2004

Worst case scenarios

Well it's Sunday, no worries about being fired. Unless my Omni-boss develops a mean streak. I don't think he will. But if Shoopie and Minion have anything to do with it, I may be on the Acela towards points North. Note, Acela is train on the Amtrak system. You can catch it at Union Station and it is a very fast and convient way to get away from your enemies. I haven't tried it yet but one must always have a contingency plan to deal with worst cast scenarios.

Anyway, its Sunday. For those who don't know it, it is a day of leisure and church for the locals. They usually congregate at Panera after their Church services. Others tend to walk around their Yuppie neighborhoods and make snarky comments towards defenseless yard ornaments.

Just call me the pineapple of death. Oh good lord, I got mistaken for a nanny today. There is nothing wrong with being a nanny. I just don't like the surprised expression I get when I say I own the house I am working in front of. I am going to go Incredible Hulk on their butt and see whos got the biggest green thumb! Anyway, I was working in front of my house and a neighbor walks by with her two grandchildren. The children wave, I wave back. My neighbor waves...I wave back. She says hi...you get the picture. She asks if I live in the house right there. I say yes, I live here. She asks me TWICE whether I am the owner!! I say YES I am the owner. She waits a few minutes. She asks if I have children. I say no. She asks how old I am. I say ##. She says I got a few years left. I say thanks. She asks what I do. I say I work at DOLT in the Bureau of Intrigue and Backstabbing (BIT) for short. She says that is nice and her daughter and son-in-law are both aeronautical engineers. I say wow and isn't that nice! She says yes it is and says bye bye. I am floored. I think she was looking for a nanny for her grandkids and I fit the bill.

So far in my neighBOORhood I have been mistaken for a painter, roofer, general contractor, and nanny. I don't know what it is. Is it what I wear or how I look? My neighbors are tres snarky!

Well Northern Virginia sucks. The locals are tres rude! Thank goodness this area is highly transitional and you will get a new set in about two years. I recommend if you don't like your neighbors, steal their concrete pineapples and you will feel lots better. I do!

No comments: