Thursday, February 23, 2006

The New Officemate, "Hothouse flowerus hysterius"

My normally sane officemate flipped her top today.

I guess between her new braces and her bad lunch, I knew something bad was going to happen.

We went on our 3 PM coffee break and all hell broke lose. I asked her how her lunch seminar went. I know, how could I? For Economists, this is a normal question. We often discuss boring things like lunches and who talked about what at that brownbag luncheon. However, this little Hothouse Flower took my question way too seriously. Her retort:

"What is this a test?" ......followed by "You are asking me like you are my supervisor"

Holey Moley! I don't know where that attitude came from!

I tried not to talk to her for the rest of the day. I hope she settles down and inhales a little Miracle Grow.

No comments: