Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 2 Rice Panic and reality TV

I must send a thank you note to Bravo TV for providing me the best in escapist reality shows. I wuv you I really really do! Where else can I see extremely rich good looking people bitch and complain about everything! Not in DC. The rich are very ugly here. Don't get me started about waiting in line at the prepared foods counter at Whole Foods. This old well dressed witch shoved me aside to get her vittles. Manners people, manners!

Here is my take on the "Real Housewives of New York City"

Ramona:
In one episode, you see Ramona talk to her daughter about having an freedom fund or an impolite way to say it is an "FU Fund". I think it is valid advice to have a fund where you can walk if a job or situation isn't work out. A really mean French person named Michelle gave me some advice, "Information is Power." I disagree. Money is.

Alex:
In the reunion episode she quoted Ayn Rand regarding contradictions? OMG! I am deeply disturbed that a social climber like that quoted Ayn Rand.

Luann:
She seems like a nice lady but is really obsessed with her Countess title. Are people impressed with this in America? I mean I guess she is married to French royalty. I really thought most of the french royalty thing ended with the French Revolution!

Bethanny
I really like her. She seems like such a smartass. I want to see more of this on TV. I was devastated when Gilmore GIrls ended.

Jill
I think you are awesome and a great counterpoint to Ramona. It is like watching Good versus Evil. Darth vader versus luke skywalker in a suede outfit.

This stuff really takes my mind off the current rice panic, Day 2. If you really want to stress, look at the inflation adjusted cost per gallon of gasoline.

No comments: