Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My Survivor moment at work!

I just found out that my coworker, AKA Shoopie, is retiring this May! Can it be true!?

I am doing the happy dance right know. I had a sinus headache but suddenly all is clear just like if I took a menthol cough drop.

Shoopie came by my office to get office gossip from my new officemate, "Betty." Shoopie asked Betty why she looked so glum. Betty gave a noncommital answer. Shoopie pressed somemore and then Betty asked when Shoopie was going to retire. The answer was May 2006! I think Betty was annoyed that Shoopie dropped by.

Shoopie is such an idiot. Those privacy panels in the office don't block sound. Its not like I am in a cone of silence "Get Smart" reference everybody! I knew you were there Shoopie but I sure as heck did not want to talk to you. In fact when I heard the news about your retirement, I bit my tongue. I had to in order to prevent me from screaming, "Ding dong the witch is dead" I knew exactly how the munchkins felt after they resolved that entire witch problem.

Well, I did not outwit or outplay but I really think I may outlast Shoopie. One of three really isn't bad!

Lets hope I can stay under the radar for 4.5 months!

No comments: