Thursday, January 19, 2006

Stairway to Heaving

I got coffee problems and the Thursday malaise and it ain’t pretty.

I wanted to try something new so I went to Cosi for coffee. I was extremely dissapointed by it. They charged me $2.41 for a gigante drip coffee. There was nothing gigante about it. In fact, I can get the same size coffee at Au Bon Pain for $1.81. Also, Cosi's coffee accessory bar is weak. They were out of skim milk and other add ons.

Why is it so difficult to have a good cup of coffee in DC?

And I don’t understand why people line up for Starbucks at 15th and K. Sometimes they are 20 deep. Honestly, the coffee isn’t very good. And, they don’t serve a very good cappuccino. Perhaps they just needed to get out of the office and the Starbucks is a nice refuge?

OK enough about the coffee. At lunch, I caught snippets of a really strange conversation.

One of the young economists here asked young economist to hit him on the right side of the head, not the left. I’m not kidding. Somebody really asked his pal to smack him. I am not sure of the context but hey does it really matter? I really wanted to volunteer and smack some sense into him.

I think these Generation Y coworkers are strange. One was also singing “Smelly Kat” earlier and playing the guitar. Also, on a daily basis one Gen Y coworker tries to sing and play Stairway to Heaven on the guitar. He can’t get past the 5th or 6th note. I am starting to have nightmares about this Lady and this Gold thing and this whole Stairway to Heaving.

No comments: