Sunday, July 18, 2004

Soup to Nuts

It is Monday Eve, I hope I don't get fired tomorrow. 
 
I started to think about the squirrels in McPherson Square.  They have a pretty good life.  Everybody feeds them.  They don't care if their food comes from a bum or a lawyer.  They don't have to answer to anybody.  They just run around and frolic. 
 
On the other hand, they don't have health insurance or a pension plan like I do.  God, if they break their leg, they can't go to a squirrel orthopedist and then get physical therapy.  Nobody is going to help them cross the street or anything to get snacks from Cosi or Au Bon Pain.  OK, maybe squirrels don't have it so good.  But at least they are oblivious and definitely don't have to take Metro to get to work.
 
OK, I have decided that I am not going to get TKO'ed in this job.  I am going to steel myself for battle.  I was soooo naive to think this job would be a piece of cake.  I have survived X number of years working for the MAN, I can carve out my place in the world again.  Wreck havoc and unleash the dogs of hell!  Bring it on Minion and Shoobie, bring it on! 

No comments: