Friday, July 16, 2004

Work is really tough

Ooohh no.  I think I am going to get fired!  I just started a job around K street in DC and thought I was going to conquer the world.  After this week I am just glad that I can conquer my commute.  God I hate Metro.  It is very orange and unpleasant.  The people in my job are slightly orangish and very unpleasant.  Their mother must be Metro.  Why oh why did I take this job? I thought it was going to be really cool to work in DC.  My new coworkers are evil.  I will call them Minion and Shoobie. 
 
I should have realized the error of my ways on Monday.  I went to get a metrocard and was dumbfounded by the directions.  I wasn't sure what button to push.  I am not very technically adept which is really funny considering what I do.  A very helpful Washingtonian walked up beside me and commented "It isn't a trick question, push the fare card button"  OOohh snarky washingtionian I hate you and your superior handling of metrofare card dispensers.  Ooooh evil one.  I commented back, "I never take metro." Yes, that was my witty rejoinder.  Uugh.
 
So I went to work and it went downhill from there. 

No comments: